Protocol For Safe Dental Appointments
We are so happy to be re-opening our doors for comprehensive dental care! Here are some new policies that will help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission and protect our patients, staff, and community.
Our goal in implementing these changes is to reduce the number of people in the office at any given time and allow for as much social distancing as possible. This is for everyone's safety, and we ask for your patience and flexibility in following these policies.
- For safety reasons, only patients and guardians of patients will be allowed in the office. If you are a patient and are accompanied by someone, we ask that your helper wait in the car or return at the end of your appointment. We can help with needs such as translation, paying copays, mobility support, and others - Just let us know in advance what is needed and we can discuss the best way to have a safe appointment.
- If you drive to your appointment, please call or text us when you are parked and we ask that you remain in your car until we text back that we are ready to check you in for your visit.
- Please wear a mask at all times. We are happy to provide one if needed.
- We encourage all patients to pay their copays and sign procedure consents electronically. We will email instructions to each patient before their appointment.
- We will be using a forehead thermometer to take your temperature when you first arrive, as well as asking you some questions about your health and how you are feeling. If any person has a fever or is feeling ill, we may ask you to reschedule your appointment and see your healthcare provider.
- We have designated areas for patients to wait that are well separated to reduce virus transmission. You will be directed to a safe place to sit after you have checked in. There will also be Xs marked on the floor in case more than one person is waiting to check in at the same time - Please stand on an X if directed to do so.
- Please use the hand sanitizer available on the front desk when you enter and wash your hands in the restroom before being brought back to your appointment.
- At the start of your appointment, we will ask you to rinse with mouthwash.
- As we always have, our clinical team continues to adhere to CDC and American Dental Association recommendations for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). We will be wearing masks, face shields, disposable gowns, and gloves and frequently wash our hands before, during, and after procedures. We will also be continually wiping down communal surfaces throughout the day and a professional cleaning company will be scrubbing the whole office regularly.